in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 20, 2015

ARC Review: Reckless Love by Kendall Ryan


Reckless Love is the second book in the Hard To Love series by Kendall Ryan, but this book can be read as a standalone with interconnected characters. I hadn't read the first book in the series and didn't have any issues jumping in with this one. I love sports romance books, but I have to admit that I really love fighter romance books the most. There is just something sexy about a hero that is built and knows what to do with a hot body! I have really enjoyed all the books I have read by Kendall Ryan before, so this one sounded like a win all around. While I did like it, I had some things that kept this book from being a five star read for me. 

MacKenzie and Ian have been attracted to one another since they first met. Things sparked immediately for these two, but before things could go too far Ian pushed MacKenzie away. Since then he has watched her from afar, never giving into what he really feels for her. Kenzie has hated him since that night, and yet she finds herself unable to deny her attraction to him. When Ian gets injured before his debut pro fight, Kenzie agrees to use her skills as a nurse to help him get back into shape. But when their rehab sessions begin to heat up, they find themselves unable to continue to fight the connection between them. But there are still several reasons why they shouldn't be together. Kenzie will do whatever it takes to make sure that Ian pursues his dream and makes it to his big fight, and Ian will do whatever it takes to finally make Kenzie his once and for all.

I liked Ian and Kenzie. I had issues with both of their characters though. I didn't understand Ian's reasons for pushing Kenzie away originally. It didn't really make sense to me even when we got a little bit of insight into it. I thought that he was dedicated and hard-working, and I really admired how he put everything he had into being the best fighter he could be. He took his training seriously, and it really showed. I was glad that he finally realized that he wanted Kenzie and shouldn't keep pushing her away, but I did think that it took too long to happen. Kenzie had a few issues from the way she had grown up, and that had a huge effect on how she saw relationships. I didn't agree with a lot of her actions, but I could see her reasons behind them even if I didn't agree. I liked that she was so caring with Ian though, and she was very supportive and encouraging. She was always there for him when he needed her, and I really admired that about her. These two had great chemistry, and you could feel the tension between them. I just thought that things moved really slowly and I could have used a bit more of these two together rather than all the angst and drama. 

I think that this book definitely had it's sexy moments, and I did enjoy the ones we got. But this book wasn't as steamy as I have come to expect from Kendall Ryan, and I think it really changed how I felt about it. Not that a book has to be all sex, but I really felt like the connection between Ian and Kenzie suffered a bit because things took so long to happen. I kept waiting for them to finally figure things out and just when it looked like they would, something else would happen. I really didn't like Chris right from the start, and I just always felt like there was something off about his character. But I did like Jonah, Cade and Alexa. I am curious to go back and read the first book in the series to see how they got together. I will definitely still read more from Kendall Ryan in the future, but I have to say this wasn't quite what I have come to love and expect from a book from her. I thought that it had some really great moments and that it was enjoyable though. If you are looking for a story about a sexy fighter and don't mind some angst, you might want to give this one a shot.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment