in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 28, 2015

ARC Review: Nova and Quinton: No Regrets by Jessica Sorensen


Nova and Quinton: No Regrets is the third installment of the Nova series by Jessica Sorensen. These books continue the story from one book to the next and should be read in order. I have been curious what would happen to Nova and Quinton since I started this series, and I was really interested to see where their journey would lead them. Though I liked things about this book, I also had some issues with this book as well. 

This book picks up with Quinton leaving rehab an reentering the real world after having stayed there for two months. He is clean and is on the road to recovery, though he still has struggles. Quinton spends his days focusing on staying clean with the help of his therapist. He ends up working on houses through Habitat for Humanity, and finally starts to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Though he and Nova have begun to talk again, he knows that he isn't ready to see her yet or think about a future with her. Nova is still going to school and is playing with her band, but she has also been working on her filming project. More than anything she wants to actually see Quinton again, but she knows that she has to be there for him while he is getting better. But when Nova gets some sad news, she will need Quinton to be there for her the way she has been there for him. 

I really like Nova and Quinton, and what makes them so special is how real they are. These characters are not perfect. They have flaws and they struggle more than most people do. But they are perfect for one another, and I love the connection that they have formed. I really enjoyed getting to see a different side of them in this book, and it was nice to see them both sober for a change. They were still struggling and trying to deal with their pasts, but we really got to see them lean on each other in this book. They were both working on themselves and moving toward their future. I liked seeing them learn how to be friends in a whole new way this time around, and I loved their texts and conversations. 

While I did like seeing them start to heal and work towards their future, I will admit that I was hoping for more of them together. I know that they still had things to work on, but I felt like this book was more of the same angst and drama for them only they were sober this time around. Nova's constant need to save everyone got a bit irritating at times, and I found myself wanting to roll my eyes. Though I liked how things ended here, I just felt like it was a little drawn out and felt pretty angsty after all that we had already seen from these two. Though things were more positive this time around, I was hoping for more happy rather than the serious struggles that we had seen in the past two books. I still think that this series was good, but I will admit that this series is a bit of a downer. I think that Jessica Sorensen did a great job of showing that there are real struggles for those that have drug and alcohol addictions, and that it is a constant battle for those that are able to finally give it up. Their struggles don't end when they become clean, and it is important for them to surround themselves with positive influences and a good support system. I will definitely read more from Jessica Sorensen in the future, and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment