in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 9, 2015

Review: One Perfect Love by Jessie Evans


I could not wait to read One Perfect Love after I finished This Wicked Rush by Jessie Evans. I had loved Gabe and Caitlin so much in that book and the ending just about killed me. I thought that One Perfect Love was a really great ending to the story, and I was happy with how things turned out. Since One Perfect Love is the continuation of Gabe and Caitlin's story, this book is not a standalone. If you haven't already read This Wicked Rush, definitely start there. I am becoming a huge fan of Jessie Evans with each new book I read of hers, and I would absolutely recommend this series.

One Perfect Love picks up after the events of This Wicked Rush with Caitlin and her friend trying to get to the bottom of what happened with Gabe. Nothing made sense, so they made a plan to figure out what was going on. But after Caitlin finds what she was hoping she wouldn't, she knows she has to move on. Now a year later, she has left her hometown and is living in Hawaii with her new boyfriend and her younger brothers and niece. Although her life isn't what she had planned, things are good. But when she is suddenly drawn back home, she quickly finds out that everything she thought she knew was a lie.

I really loved Gabe and Caitlin in the first book. I know that they did things that most would consider wrong, but that never bothered me. I was always rooting to Gabe and Caitlin, so with her having a new boyfriend at the start of this book it was a bit hard to get into. Luckily things picked up quickly and I was really glad to see that Caitlin was still the same person. She was so strong and such a fighter. She could have easily lost herself, yet she kept going for herself and those that depended on her. I will say that I was never a fan of her new boyfriend. I didn't care for him when we first met him, and I didn't care for him this time around either. He always rubbed me the wrong way, and in this book he really showed me why. I was so glad when Caitlin returned home and starting learning the truth.

I really wish I could go into why this book was so good, but I don't want to give anything away. This book was a journey about love and loss, and fighting for what you believe in. I loved that Caitlin was such a strong character and that she wasn't perfect. She didn't fit into a certain mold, and that was what made her so real to me. She was easy to like and root for, even when she was doing questionable things. Jessie Evans has created some really fantastic characters in this series, and I have loved seeing how unique and different they are. Gabe and Caitlin will always be some of my favorites, and I think that these two are absolutely perfect for one another. Gabe and Caitlin connected on so many levels, and their connection was undeniable. Even when Caitlin had tried to move on, it was clear that the only person she would ever have it all with was Gabe. I really liked how things played out though, and after reading this one I am so excited to get Danny and Sam's story. Danny has come so far from This Wicked Rush, so I can't wait to see even more of him. I think that this series is a must read, and if you haven't read it yet you are missing out. Jessie Evans is a great writer, and her stories are different than other NA books out there. I can't wait to see what she does in the future.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |






0 comments :

Post a Comment