in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: Drawn to You by Serena Grey


Drawn to You is the first book in Serena Grey's Swanson Court series. When I started this book, I had no idea that it was part of a series. I am not sure how I missed that, but suffice it to say the cliffhanger ending surprised me. I am so glad that I read this one though, and even though I hate waiting this one was worth it! Serena Grey grabbed my attention from the very first word, and I didn't want to put this book down. I will anxiously be awaiting the release date for the next book in this series! 

After learning that the man she loves is engaged to another woman, Rachel Foster can't wait to get home and be alone. But when she takes the elevator up to the penthouse apartment of the hotel she is in by accident, she ends up meeting the sexy Landon. Landon thinks that Rachel is a hooker sent by his brother as a birthday present. After realizing that Landon is under the wrong assumption, Rachel decides to just go with it and have a night of passion with the handsome stranger knowing that she will never see him again. But after one night together, they both find themselves wanting more. Knowing that one night isn't enough, Landon tracks Rachel down and is determined to show her that he always gets what he wants. Rachel agrees to one more week with Landon, but only sex. So what happens when they both start to develop feelings for one another? 

I really liked Landon and Rachel. These two were really interesting, and I have to say that the way they met surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. It was different, and I thought that Serena Grey did a great job of taking their misunderstanding and desires and turning it into such a fantastic story. Landon and Rachel had so much heat and chemistry right away, that it was really easy to see how they would want more of one another. Landon was sexy and had this really sweet side to him as well. He also had a ton of pain beneath the surface, and it was clear that he didn't allow many people to see beneath the surface. Rachel was easy to like. She was smart and successful, and she seemed like she would be cool to hang out with. I liked seeing her with Landon. She was struggling with trying to keep herself from feeling anything past sex with him, but I liked seeing her start to fall for him. She was really great with him even when he reacted badly, and it was clear that she had started to care for him and wanted more. 

I will say that these two needed to be more honest with each other about their feelings. Both of them seemed to be quick to say they only wanted sex, but they actually wanted more. I didn't understand why they didn't just talk more. Especially after Rachel watched what happened with her cousin's relationship, and she was talking about how she wouldn't make the same mistakes if she had someone. It just seemed contradictory. I really did like Landon and Rachel together though, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope that these two are able to figure things out quickly and that they save the drama for things outside their relationship. It was clear to see that Rachel felt far more of a connection and passion with Landon than she had ever felt for the man she supposedly was in love with, and I really think that Rachel and Landon are meant to be together. I am looking forward to seeing more of Rachel's friends as well, and I am hoping that her cousin is able to get her relationship back on track as well. I definitely recommend giving this book a shot if you are a fan of billionaire romance stories. I think readers will really like the characters in this series, and I enjoyed it a lot.

**Review Copy Provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon |  Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes |






0 comments :

Post a Comment