in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 1, 2015

ARC Review: Blurred Lines by Jen McLaughlin


I can honestly say that I have been waiting for Riley's story since his character was introduced! While he wasn't meant for Carrie, I absolutely loved him and needed to know him better! Jen McLaughlin did such a fantastic job with Riley's story in Blurred Lines, that I honestly think that this might be my favorite in the entire series! While I loved Finn and Carrie, Riley is just such a special character. If you haven't read any of this series yet, you can still read Blurred Lines since it is a standalone story. However, I would definitely recommend reading the rest of the books because they are great and because you really get to see more of how Riley got to this point.

Riley Stapleton has never been lucky in love. His ex cheated on him, he just found his fiance naked on his couch with her ex boyfriend, and the one girl he really loved is married to the love of her life and is only his best friend. So Riley goes to a bar to drown his sorrows of his latest failure of a relationship and ends up meeting Noelle Brandt. With no place to stay, she takes him in and the two feel an immediate connection. The more they learn of each other, the more they like. But Riley has always done what was expected of him, and he knows that Noelle will never be the woman his mother approves of. After all, his father is running for vice president with Carrie's dad, and Noelle writes romance books for a living. For once though, Riley decides to live in the moment and take what he wants rather than worrying about what everyone else thinks. But Noelle and Riley are both keeping secrets from each other that could destroy everything if the truth came out.

I love Riley so much. In the past he didn't always do things that I liked, especially when it came to Carrie, and yet there was just something about his character that made me fall hard for him. I felt so badly for him and all that he had been through, he was so unlucky and had been treated horribly. But he was immediately different with Noelle, and I found that I loved him even more for it. He was so fun and carefree with her, and I loved seeing him finally begin to really loosen up. He wanted Noelle, and he was determined to have her. It was really fun seeing him pursue her and wear her down. Noelle had also been through a lot, and she needed Riley just as badly as he needed her. I thought it was great that she was a romance writer and she wasn't afraid to keep going after she had lost so much. She was fun and flirty with Riley, and these two just seemed to bring out the best in one another. Riley helped Noelle to see that she was able to move forward with her life, and I liked that he let her know just what he thought of her. She was so shy and didn't really believe his compliments at first, so I was glad that he took the time to really show her he meant everything that he said. These two were so much more than just that though, their chemistry was off the charts.

Overall, I really loved this story from start to finish. Noelle and Riley were so cute together, and their relationship was easy and natural. I usually am not a fan of insta-love stories, because I never really believe them. Usually they seem rushed or unrealistic, but that wasn't the case here. Jen McLaughlin proved to me with Blurred Lines that sometimes there is no set time frame for love and it can happen with one look. Riley and Noelle worked, and I found myself believing in their relationship from the very start. I knew these two were meant to be together and that they were the perfect match for one another. I would highly recommend this series to contemporary and NA fans, but to me Blurred Lines was the best one yet. Jen McLaughlin continues to deliver stories that are heartfelt and captivating and give the reader all the feels. I cannot wait to read more from her in the future, and I have to say that I would love to get more of the characters from this series in whatever capacity she is willing to give them. I love this series, and I am not sure I will ever be ready to let it go.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment