in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 14, 2015

ARC Review: Beneath This Ink by Meghan March


Beneath This Ink is the second book in the Beneath Series by Meghan March, with each book being about a different couple. These books can be read as standalones, but I would definitely recommend reading them in order because they are so good and because you really get to see so much more of how these characters are all connected. I was really excited to get Con's story after I read the first book, and it was even better than I expected. I cannot wait for more in this series!

Con has always wanted Vanessa, but has also known that he wasn't good enough for her. She has always hated him and made it known except for the one night that they spent together a few years back. Unfortunately for Con, he doesn't remember any of it except for her leaving the following morning. So when Vanessa walks into Con's tattoo shop wanting something from him, he views it as his second chance and he will do whatever it takes to make sure he remembers everything this time.

I loved Con. In the first book we really didn't get to see much beyond the surface with him, but I knew he would have so much more to him. He was so caring with Charlie, and it was clear that he protects those that he lets in. He was so much more though, and I loved that what you saw with him was what you get. He was comfortable in his own skin and didn't make apologies for who he was. But he also didn't let many people see who he really was, and I enjoyed seeing that side of him. I thought that he fit so well with Vanessa, even though they were complete opposites on the surface. Vanessa was strong and smart, and exactly who Con needed. She challenged him and was able to put him in his place when he needed that, but she was also able to let go with him as well. These two were a great balance for one another, and the chemistry between them was intense. I loved seeing them learn more about each other and see that they had both always been drawn to one another even if they had never acknowledged it before.

Overall, this was a great installment in this series. I liked Con and Vanessa a lot and it was great to see some familiar faces as well. I have to say that I honestly can't wait to get more of these characters in the series. I wasn't so sure about Lucas at first, but towards the end of this book he won me over. I am really curious to see what more there is to him. Same goes for Lord. He intrigued me from the start, but after finding out who he was at the end made me really want his story now! I just know he is going to have a lot about him that will make for an interesting read. I highly recommend this series, and I love these books. They are so easy to get lost in and I find myself just getting lost in these stories. I definitely will be looking for more from Meghan March in the future, and I can't wait to see which character gets their story told next!

**ARC Provided by RockStarLit PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





2 comments :

  1. I've had my eye on this series, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Looks like the sparks can fly with these two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book really appeals to me. Long years ago a tattoo was equivalent to a man being a criminal. Today, I find it sexy. I think this would be a good book. Guess I need to find the first book in th series.

    ReplyDelete