in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Review: After the Kiss by Lauren Layne


After picking up The Trouble with Love (book 4) and simply adoring it I just had to get my hands on the rest of the books in the Sex, Love & Stiletto series. After the Kiss was everything I was hoping it would be. From the beginning to end it was a cute and sexy read that I just couldn't put down. It was yet another book from Lauren Layne that I pretty much read in one sitting.

I loved the relationship between Julie and Mitchell. I thought they we so damn cute together. I enjoyed watching these two fall for one another and fall they do. What I liked about these two is that they were just so cute and charming together. Don't get me wrong, they were definitely sexy moments between the two, but I really enjoyed the humor they seemed to find with each other. Neither was exactly how the other had them pegged so it was fun to see this discover just who they were.

Julie was carefree, sweet, funny and just an all-around likable person. I felt like I could relate to her and felt like she was someone I could be friends with in real life. Deep down she was vulnerable and just afraid of letting anyone in because she was afraid that they would eventually leave. She was scared but without getting close to her you would never know it.

Mitchell was everything that I love in a hero. He was sexy, smart and witty. I really liked that he was just a cookie cutter character of what a hero should be. There were layers to him and it was fun to see him peel back those layers and see the man for what he truly was. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it.

Lauren Layne is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors and has definitely become an auto-buy author for me. I have yet to pick up something that I haven't liked and haven't wanted to shout about to everyone. Seriously, I want to shout out to everyone that they NEED to read not only this book but this series. It's just so very good. Everything one could want from a contemporary romance series...it's sexy, sweet, witty, great location and overly sexy heroes. Seriously, what more could you want?

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment