in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ARC Review: Saving You by Kelly Elliott


I knew I had to read Saving You when I saw that it was a best friends to lovers story. I am such a sucker for friends falling for one another, especially when they grow up together like Luke and Libby did. Saving You is the second book in the Love Wanted in Texas series by Kelly Elliott but this book can be read as a standalone. After reading this book though, I honestly cannot wait to go back and read the first book, as well as the entire Wanted series by her that features the parents of these characters! I loved all the characters and how close they all are, and I need to know all of their stories!

Luke Johnson and Libby Hayes have been best friends forever. They have grown up together and were always close. But then one kiss changed everything between them. While Libby was ready to move past friendship, Luke was scared to take the risk and lose everything including their friendship. With Luke deciding to listen to what is in his head rather than his heart, he ends up hurting Libby by pushing her away. Though most of the time he does his best to keep her at a distance, there are times when his guard drops and Libby sees more from him than just friendship. But as Libby grows tired of him never giving them a chance, she decides it might finally be time to move on with her life. But when Luke sees her finally moving on, he is suddenly ready to finally tell her how he feels. Can Luke get past his fears and give a relationship with Libby a chance, or will it be too late with Libby determined to move forward with her life?

I really liked Luke, but I wanted to seriously smack him a few times in this book. He waited so long to talk to Libby about what was going on with him, and yet everyone else around them knew what was going on. He wasted so much time trying to fight what was between them and worrying about something that wasn't going to happen. These two were made for each other, and it was clear from the beginning that they belonged together. I did think that Luke was really sweet and thoughtful though, so it was good to see him finally open up to her and stop fighting it. I felt so badly for Libby. She loved Luke so much and repeatedly put herself out there for him. She was always honest about how she felt and what she was thinking only to have him reject her. But I was glad that she never truly gave up or made him suffer when things finally started to turn around for them. She was kind and smart, and I loved seeing these two figure things out between them. They had always had a great connection, but I really enjoyed watching as they took their relationship to the next level and seeing the natural chemistry that was between them.

Overall, I really loved this book. I will say that Luke running and pushing Libby away got a bit old, and that is the only reason this was a four star read for me instead of five. I felt like it went on for far too long, and I got tired of him trying to get past Libby by being with others. I wish it would have ended sooner, but the outcome of this story made it worth it. These two were great together, and the love they shared was undeniable. It was meant to be and everyone around them knew that these two would wind up together. While I can't wait to go back and read the other books with these characters, I am also really looking forward to reading the next book in the series as well. Kelly Elliott had a contest for readers to pick who the next book was about, and I am really excited to get that story (as well as the one that wasn't picked!). I highly recommend this book and series if you are a contemporary or NA fan, and I think that this is one that a lot of people can relate to. This story was heartfelt and emotional, and I will definitely remember these characters.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment