in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 18, 2015

ARC Review: The Phoenix Candidate by Heidi Joy Tretheway


I became a huge fan of Heidi Joy Tretheway's after reading her Tattoo Thief series. I really enjoyed those books, so I couldn't wait to read The Phoenix Candidate when I heard about it. As much as I loved the TT Series though, I loved the Phoenix Candidate more! This book was fantastic, and I couldn't put it down. Jared and Grace's story was captivating and smoking hot, and I didn't want to do anything else but keep reading. I cannot wait for more of these two, and I highly recommend checking this books out if you haven't already.

After losing her husband and child to a horrible tragedy, Grace Colton is determined to help others to never have to go through what she did. She becomes a US Congresswoman and dedicates her life to serving others. But one night she meets a handsome stranger in a bar and they agree to spend one night together with no last names or stories. She wakes to an empty hotel room and a phone call that changes her life. Underdog for the 2016 presidential election, Senator Shep Conover had decided that he wants to consider adding Grace to his ticket as his VP. When Grace goes to meet Shep, she discovers that his political consultant is none other than her sexy one night stand Jared. As Jared Rankin begins the process of turning Grace into the next VP of the US, he starts telling Grace everything that she must do or change in order to have her best shot. But Grace isn't willing to be anyone's puppet, and soon she must decide who she can trust when it seems that everyone around her has an ulterior motive.

I loved Jared. He was so complicated, and yet he was the one that was constantly simplifying things for Grace. He got her out of her head when she needed it, and he made sure that she took her "One F'ing Minute" to stop thinking and just calm down. I thought that he was sweet and caring, but hard when he needed to be. He didn't sugar coat things, and I really enjoyed the fact that he was always on Grace's side even when he had to give her some tough love. He wasn't afraid to tell her things that others wouldn't, and I thought that he was exactly what she needed. Grace was so strong. She had been through so much and had vowed to do something positive with her life afterwards. On the surface it appeared that she was doing really well, but Jared quickly pointed out that she wasn't really living and he was so right about that. He got Grace to actually start to live again, and I was glad that she was able to let go of her past and the guilt she felt for being happy and wanting things again. I have to say that Grace and Jared were so hot together, and the chemistry was downright explosive between these two from the beginning. Grace and Jared were both so incredibly passionate, and I was glad that they were able to explore their desires together. Jared fulfilled so many of Grace's needs that had never been touched before, and they connected on every single level. But beyond the physical, these two understood one another and I really liked seeing how their emotional connection developed as well. As much as Jared had his life together, he also had a vulnerable side that only Grace was able to reach.

Overall, this book was amazing. It had the perfect balance of romance, sex and politics. This book was interesting in and out of the bedroom and I couldn't wait to read what would happen next. I loved the chemistry and connection between Grace and Jared, but I think that what really made this book so special was what a strong female lead Grace was. I loved her instantly and her strength and integrity were amazing to read about. I will say that while I loved this book and was very satisfied with how it ended, I absolutely cannot wait for more! I am so excited that we are getting more of the story with The Phoenix Campaign, and I can't wait to see how things play out with how things ended here. I will say that with the excerpt from the new book that I read at the end of The Phoenix Candidate, I wasn't surprised by where things are going next. I pretty much saw it coming throughout this story, but I can't wait to read it anyways. Things are about to get even more interesting for Grace and Jared as they continue their relationship and the campaign and I am dying for more of these two! I highly recommend this book, and if you haven't read anything by Heidi Joy Tretheway you are definitely missing out!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment