in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ARC Review: Falling Away by Penelope Douglas


I'm a little all over the place right now and not really sure how to explain my feelings now that I've finished Falling Away. While I really liked it and couldn't put it down, I did have a few issues with it and the way some things played out. Let me explain.

I'll be honest, part of me was kind of hesitant to read Falling Away. I wasn't the biggest fan of K.C. in previous books. Actually I'll be honest, I pretty much hated her and wasn't all that interested in seeing her get an HEA. Harsh I know but it was hard for me to get over and forgive her for her actions in Bully. But what really got me wanting to read this book was Jaxon Trent. I've been intrigued by him since he came into the picture and I couldn't wait to get inside of his head and see more of him. Let me just say oh my goodness. Jax certainly didn't disappoint in the sexy department. He's hot, sexy and definitely has a way with words.

As much as I've come to love Jax in previous books there were times when I was reading Falling Away that I found myself cringing and rolling my eyes. There were things that he did that came across as creepy to me and then there were times that he would say or do something that for me was hard to get past. I feel like at times he took the whole "Alpha Male" thing a bit too far with some of his comments and it just let me feeling uncomfortable. But then he would do something so that would change my opinion completely and remind of why I love Jax.

While I liked the connection him and K.C. found in each other, I couldn't help but think that their relationship felt a bit rushed to me. I would have liked to have seen them slow down some. It just seemed like things went from zero to sixty in no time at all that it was a little hard to believe in them as a happy and loving couple. I also think that at the end things were just a bit rushed and tidied up with a bow to quickly. I think I wanted to see more groveling. Just seemed liked they forgave everything that happened so quickly.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by K.C. in this book. I won't lie I wasn't a fan of her at all but she definitely redeemed herself in Falling Away. There are a lot more layers to her than meets the eye and when we see her finally start to peel some back it's remarkable. You get to see her come alive in this book and it was definitely a great thing to see. I really didn't think she would be able to redeem herself but she did that and then some.

For the most part I really liked Falling Away, with the exception of a few issues this book was great. It was everything I've come to love in a Penelope Douglas book - hot guys, fast cars, good music and lots of sexytimes! Fans of the series definitely won't want to miss this book.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment