in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ARC Review: One Night: Denied by Jodi Ellen Malpas


Denied is the second book in the One Night Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas. This book is not a standalone and should only be read after Promised. I am really loving this series, and I think that Jodi is a fantastic writer. I would definitely recommend this series, and I already cannot wait for the next book.

Denied picks up right after the events of Promised. Livy and Miller are not in a good place after everything that Livy has found out, but she can't help but want him in a way that she has never wanted anyone before. Despite everything that has happened, Livy is determined to show Miller that she can be his light in the darkness. But the more that Miller and Livy try to make things work between them, the more others seem to want to tear them apart. Livy and Miller must find a way to make it through Miller's past, his present, and most importantly Miller himself. Can they find a way to get over everything that has happened and move forward together? Or will there be too many forces trying to keep them apart for them to overcome?

I loved getting to know more about Miller in this book. We were left wondering so many things after Promised, so it was really nice to see some of his past and what had made him the man he was today. While not all the questions were answered, we definitely got a better idea of what he had been through and why he had certain issues. Miller had been through so much, and his dedication to Livy seemed to be the main reason that he was doing as well as he was. He was struggling with a lot, but you could really see her influence over him in the short amount of time they had known each other. He was able to loosen up a bit with her, even if it went against everything that he knew and felt comfortable with. He was really trying to do what was best for her, while also trying to be the man she deserved. Livy really impressed me in this book. Her loyalty to Miller through everything was something that really showed me the true depth of her feelings. Her love for Miller was unwavering in the face of so many obstacles, and honestly it made me really admire her character. I know that not everyone will understand her, but she is a fighter and I loved how determined she was.

Livy and Miller continued to have the passion and chemistry between them from the first book, but I really felt like their emotional bond grew a ton in Denied. These two are really starting to see how well they fit together, and that they just don't fit in the world they find themselves in. There is still so much more to this story, and I know that they have a long way to go. But I really believe that these characters are so right for each other, that there is no other option than for things to work out for them. I will say that there is a lot of push and pull in this book, and it does kind of feel as though they are going in circles. But the fact that they were able to go through everything that they did and were still so committed to one another was what made it bearable. I have loved these two characters and their story so far, and I am so ready for the next book in this series. I highly recommend this one, and I look forward to more from Jodi Ellen Malpas in the future.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment