in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

ARC Review: Eyes Turned Skyward by Rebecca Yarros


Another fantastic read from Rebecca Yarros. After reading Full Measures, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Eyes Turned Skyward. I just wanted more of these characters and the world that Rebecca Yarros created. As soon as Jagger appeared in the last book, I just knew that I wanted more of him and wanted to read his story. This book was so good and Jagger's story was everything I was wanting and more.

In Full Measures when we meet Jagger, we meet a sexy, cocky playboy that is all about a good time. Don't get me wrong, he's still all about the good time in this book but he's no longer the playboy that we met in the last book. Now he's got his eyes on being number one in his class in flight school and wants no distractions...that is until he meets Paisley.

Diagnosed with a with the same heart condition that killed her sister, Paisley just wants to live her life and cross as many things off on her bucket list that she can while she can. When a chance encounter with Jagger ends up saving her life, Paisley and Jagger spark up an unlikely friendship that eventually leads to more.

One thing that I loved about this book is that Paisley and Jagger don't immediately jump into a relationship. They start out as friends. Yes, part of the reason for that is because Paisley has a boyfriend when they meet but because they are friends first they were really able to get to know one another. I found myself on edge waiting to see when and how they two would finally get together and when they did, it was spectacular. There was just so much chemistry between them both and their sparks were evident to everyone around them.

What I loved most is how Jagger is with Paisley. He's kind, sweet and just so damn cute with her. He really "sees" Paisley and gets what she's about and what she likes. Yes, he wants to be with her but he is more than happy to be her friend if that is all that she is willing to give him. He was patient and just so damn adorable. I can honestly say that Jagger blew my mind. He turned out to be nothing like I was expecting.

This book was intense, emotional and just an all-around great read. I found it difficult to put down and read it in pretty much one sitting. From the first page to the last, I found myself rooting for these two but not only with their relationship but with everything going on in their personal lives. They both have so much that they have to deal with and I feel like the way the author handled things rang true to the characters and the story.

Eyes Turned Skyward was a fantastic read and I HIGHLY recommend. I definitely can't wait to read more from Rebecca Yarros.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment