in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 27, 2014

ARC Review: Chasing Jenna by Micki Fredericks


Chasing Jenna is the first book that I have read by Micki Fredericks, and it is her second book. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical going into this book because while it sounded great, I wasn't sure that it would deliver being from a fairly new author. I have to say though that this book was a very pleasant surprise, and I really enjoyed it. It was so much more than I ever expected, and it kept me guessing the entire way through. This book was a bit dark and intense, but not so much so that I was overwhelmed. I am really looking forward to seeing what else Micki Fredericks does in the future. 

Jenna Clausen finally has a chance to get out of the crappy life she had been given, and she is using this opportunity to start fresh. She left her mom and hometown and headed to college where she runs into the handsome Cale Davis. Cale is a part of a group on campus called The Brotherhood, in which you have to be born a member to join. While Cale has made it his mission to help Jenna settle into campus life, she has no idea what he is really looking for. He is friendly one minute and mysterious the next. When Cale has another member Ryan help her out, she finds herself growing close to him and soon Ryan and Jenna have become best friends. But both of them begin to feel more than friendship for one another, and that wasn't part of Cale's plan. Suddenly Jenna finds herself in the middle of a nightmare that she doesn't know how to get out of, and she fears that she won't be able to figure out who to trust.

At first I honestly didn't know what to make of Ryan or Cale. The members of The Brotherhood were all pretty mysterious and seemed to have more going on that met the eye. I found them all interesting, and I couldn't figure out which ones were good or who Jenna should trust. I loved Ryan though. He was sweet and got along great with Jenna from the start. He was helpful and caring, and he seemed to be looking out for Jenna always. He took care of her and you could see that he was protective of her. Cale was hard to read though and while I liked him at times, I also thought that he had some shady moments. He seemed to have mood swings and personality shifts, and he went beyond protective to downright possessive at times. I always thought that Jenna should be with Ryan, even when I did like Cale. Jenna had been through a lot and had some issues, which is why I loved Ryan with her. He was patient and kind, and he didn't ever push her beyond what she could handle.

I will say that while I did enjoy this story, the beginning started off a bit rough for me. It was a bit slow and hard to get into. I thought that it was confusing at first, and I had so many questions. I couldn't figure out what was going on, and I think part of that was that we were getting introduced to so many new characters and there were a ton of things going on to set up the story. But once I got into this one, I couldn't put it down! I can't really get into what happens without ruining it, but trust me when I tell you that it gets crazy and soon you won't know who to trust or what will happen. I am so glad that I gave this one a shot, and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a unique and different romantic suspense novel. I will definitely be looking for more from Micki Fredericks in the future as I was really impressed with her writing style and story telling.

**ARC Provided by Between the Sheets Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment