in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review: Forgive Me by Eliza Freed


I have been struggling to write this review since I finished the book. Forgive Me by Eliza Freed has been on my mind ever since I finished though, and I honestly can't stop thinking about it. I loved a lot of the book, but I also had a few things that I had some issues with. One thing I can tell you for sure though is that I need the next book, and I need it as soon as I can get my hands on it. Forgive Me is the first book in the Lost Souls Trilogy, and these are not standalone stories. There is a cliffhanger at the end of Forgive Me and it was definitely a big one.

After losing her parents, Charlotte O'Brien is struggling to make it through her daily life. But she finds herself reconnecting with Jason Leer. Jason and Charlotte had once been friends as children, but over the years they grew apart and started hanging out with different groups. As Charlotte and Jason reconnect, they both find that they feel alive and whole again but only when they are together. They have both lost so much, but in each other they have found peace. But with them both attending different colleges thousands of miles apart, can they find a way to make it through? And what happens when it isn't just the physical distance between them?

I found it hard to connect with Charlotte and Jason at first. Charlotte annoyed me at the beginning of the story, and I honestly wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get behind her story. She was selfish and callous, and I thought that she just seemed to be completely uncaring of anyone but herself. But as the story went on, she really started to grow on me. She was strong and although she struggled, she was a fighter. She was determined and independent and didn't rely on others to make all her decisions for her. She loved Jason and could have easily given up complete control of her life to him, but she was able to draw from his support and do things for herself. Jason was great at the beginning of the story. He was exactly what Charlotte needed, and I loved that he was so protective of her. He gave her what she needed and was everything that she never knew she wanted. But as the story went on, he seemed to lose some of what I had first loved about him. He blamed her for the distance between them, and he wasn't so understanding of her choices. He seemed to punish her if she didn't go along with everything that he said or wanted. He was often jealous despite her giving him no reason to be. I thought that they were great together and had a lot of chemistry. But I also thought that things started to fall apart between these two, and I felt the pain that both were feeling because of that.

I will say that the ending of this one just about killed me. It broke my heart after everything that they had been through, and I was really hoping that things wouldn't go there for these two. I have no idea what Eliza Freed has in store for these two in the future, but I really hope that they can find a way to make it through everything and end up together. I know that these two have a ton left to go through, but I really want them to work things out because I really feel like they belong together. I thought that this book had a lot of back and forth, and at times things got repetitive. I guess that is part of why I am really pulling for these two, because I just can't see any other option for them than to wind up together after everything that they have been through. I can't wait for the next book, and I hope that Eliza Freed will make it worth the wait for the readers and the characters.

**Review Copy Provided by Good Choice Reading & Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment