in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Review: Finding Jordie by H.J. Harley


I really enjoyed this book! Finding Jordie was so good, and I will definitely be reading more by H.J. Harley in the future. This book was well written and entertaining, and I didn't want to put it down. I can't wait to read the next book in this series and get more of these amazing characters.

After losing her husband, Jordie Spagnato returned home to New York to raise her daughter alone. She bought a bar and has turned it into a successful hot spot. One night she meets Nathan Harper and he helps her out when she gets into an incident with some drunks in her bar. Nathan and Jordie start to get to know one another and soon they are feeling things they have never felt before. But Nathan has things that he hasn't shared with Jordie that could change everything. What happens when the truth comes out and when Jordie's past suddenly returns?

Nathan was amazing. Super sweet and funny, and I loved how strong his feelings were. He had no problem admitting things to Jordie when it came to what he was feeling and he was genuinely interested in her and her daughter. He wanted to take care of them and he was just a really great guy. Jordie was strong and independent, and I loved her relationship with her daughter. They were so real and I loved that they had so much fun together. Emma was so cute, and I loved that she was so much more mature than her age. She took instantly to Nathan, and just wanted her mom to be happy. Things between Nathan and Jordie happened fast, but it was so natural. You could really see the connection and chemistry between them, and they were perfect together.

I really loved this story and I thought that it was so great because of the characters. They were so easy to like and root for, and I loved that their personalities were so unique and different. These characters were true to themselves and they were not the typical cookie cutter types that are so often found in romance stories. I loved that this book a romantic suspense story, but that the romance wasn't overshadowed by the suspense. I don't often read romantic suspense because I find that usually the relationship isn't the heart of the book and that is what I read romance for. But with Finding Jordie that was not the case at all. The love and relationship was really the star of the story and that was what kept me turning the pages. I can't wait to get more of these characters and from H.J. Harley in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment