in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review: Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee


I couldn't wait to read Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee after I read her Give Me Something series. I am a huge fan of her writing style, and with each new book I read of hers, I am that much more impressed with her characters and stories. Escaping Me was a really good story, and I had such a good time reading it. I enjoyed this one a lot and I think NA fans will as well.

After finding the guy she had dated for years with another girl, Whitney decides to spend the summer living with her mother and sister. Whitney isn't used to small town life, but she knows it will be the last place that her ex would ever be. There Whitney meets Cole Pritchett and is instantly drawn to him. Despite not getting off on the right foot, Cole and Whitney end up deciding to spend the summer together. As they get to know one another better though, they are both unable to keep themselves from developing feelings for one another. But with jealous exes, different dreams and lifestyles and the impending distance between them, how can they possibly make a relationship work beyond the summer?

I really liked both Cole and Whitney. Whitney was a ton of fun to read about, and I really loved her attitude. She was feisty and protective, and I loved that she wouldn't let Cole get away with any crap. She told it like it was, and she was tired of being told how her life would be lived. I loved seeing her come into her own and really start to go after what she wanted. But most of all, I really liked how supportive and encouraging she was with Cole. She knew exactly what he needed and was determined to always be there for him. Cole was great as well, even if he did start off with a few issues. He came around pretty quickly though, and I was glad to see a guy that was not a player or complete jerk. He wanted things to be good for Whitney and he wanted to be a better man for her. He went out of his way to do nice things for her, and I really liked seeing how he brought her out of her shell. These two were very different, but their differences are what made them so perfect for one another. They were the exact balance the other needed and they really just clicked. They had great chemistry together and were really hot, but their connection was what really made these two such an amazing couple.

Overall, this was a great story. I really enjoyed seeing how they dealt with their differences and their problems. They had a few bumps along the way, but I liked that they came around pretty quickly. These two were a lot of fun to read about, but what made this story even better was the secondary characters. I really liked Cole's friend Zeke and Whitney's mom and sister. They really made this story, and had me cracking up through the majority of the story. I am really looking forward to reading Finding You next about Whitney's sister Mallory, and I can't wait to see what Elizabeth Lee has in store for her. I highly recommend this book and anything by Elizabeth Lee, and I am excited to read more from her in the future!

**Review Copy Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment