in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Audiobook Review: Reaper's Stand by Joanna Wylde, Narrated by Tatiana Sokolov and Sean Crisden


Two Words: Wow and amazing! I can’t even begin with this story! Joanna Wylde is a ridiculous storyteller! First! Wow! I usually stay away from books with a lot of vulgarity but I might make an exception for Joanna Wylde. I thought, ok I’m going to read a romantic story! I obviously had no idea!

I know that this is the fourth book in the Reapers MC series. Never heard of this series before so I had no idea what to expect. Let’s just say that after this audiobook I checked out every single one in the Reapers series!

Let’s start with our “hero.” Reese “Picnic” Hayes. Reese was so complex. He was such a jerk at times that I couldn’t stomach him and then he was also the voice of reason. Reese is the president of the Reapers Motorcycle club. Reese is a really tough guy. He is vulgar and a womanizer. He is “involved” with a woman in practically every scene. It’s hard to imagine that this vulgar, womanizing man would be loyal and protective to those around him without any limits. He never let his loved ones down and he was very vulnerable, which was completely unexpected.

London Armstrong was just like her name. She was one tough lady! London is the exact opposite of Reese. She is a quiet, hard-working, humble woman. She is just working to take care of her cousin’s daughter that is her ward-Jessica. Jessica is a mess and she kept going from one terrible situation to the next. There were times when I was screaming at London to give up on her!

One night London gets a call that Jessica is in trouble and that she is at the Reaper’s Club. London rushes over and needs Reese’s help. From that moment forward they can’t stay out of each other’s way. So granted, Reese and London had AMAZING chemistry. Their differences really made for great chemistry. They also had the funniest and wittiest conversations! I caught myself laughing continually with them! If this were a book instead of an audio, I would have had chunks of their conversations highlighted.

So yes, I knew Reese and London were a great couple BUT I did not anticipate the rest: cutoff fingers, houses blowing up, drug cartels, hostages. I was on the edge of my seat continuously. This was a none-stop- action book. The characters were all so fascinating. I’m reading all the previous books in the series. To hook us even further, the author gave us a glimpse to some of the stories that are coming up: Painter and Melanie and Jess and her mystery man. I’m hooked!

The narrators were fantastic! They really added to the story and both narrated the characters perfectly. Their witty scenes really made for interesting audio!

**Audiobook Provided by Tantor Audio**

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




2 comments :

  1. From the very first book from this series I had a mad book crush on the President of the RMC.
    When I finally got to read Reese's story I was completely over the moon with this guy. Joanna truly does have a way with her story telling. I am anxious to see what she comes up with next. If I get to missing my boys from RMC I can always open up my books and get reaquainted with Horse, Ruger, Hunter and Reese.

    ReplyDelete