in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 18, 2014

ARC Review: Lost In Me by Lexi Ryan


I know that I shouldn't have been surprised about this book having a cliffhanger because of the fact that Lost In Me is the first book in the Here and Now series. But seriously I was not expecting that ending! Talk about the mother of all cliffhangers, I need the next book now! This one was so good. I was instantly drawn into this story and I read it in a single sitting. I seriously could not put this one down and I loved every second of reading about how Hannah's life was unfolding and seeing as she got her memories back. I loved this book, and I am so intrigued by all the characters. This one is a must read!

When Hannah wakes up in the hospital, she has no idea what has happened over the last year. She has lost eleven months and everything in her life is completely different than what she remembers. Her longtime crush Max is now her loving fiance, her twin sister is no longer her best friend, and she has also lost about fifty pounds. At first glance her new life seems to be almost perfect. Her hot fiance is devoted to her and they are going to be sharing a life together, she owns her own bakery which was always her dream. But the more she starts to remember her past, she quickly begins to piece together the fact that her life is not what it seems at all. Now she is left trying to figure out her entire relationship with Max, but also why she is drawn to the sexy rocker Nate. Nate seems to know more than he is letting on, and Hannah is determined to get answers before she marries Max. Who is the man for Hannah, and was her fall down the stairs that landed her in the hospital really a fall? Or did someone push her?

I liked Max. He seemed to be so perfect at first, but of course no one ever is. The more we get to know him, the more I could tell something was a bit off with him though. He really did treat Hannah well, and he seemed to be really kind and patient with her. At first he seemed to be interested in her twin, but when Hannah wakes up and finds his ring on her finger Max only has eyes for her. I feel like we really don't know him that well yet, and there is a ton more to his story. I am curious to learn more about him. I have to admit that I was team Nate from the start though. We don't know a ton about him and of course the more we find out, the more questions there are. But there is just something about him that seems to be so genuine and sincere. I feel like he was more honest with Hannah than anyone else really had been even if he didn't tell her much or talk to her a lot. What he did say seemed to ring true every time, and he seemed so torn up and lost about his feelings and their relationship. I felt so bad for him and all that he was going through. I really liked Hannah's character, and I enjoyed the first part of her journey. This entire book is one emotional ride, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be in her shoes. She has no idea who some people are, and she has no idea what she has done for a year. Even the people she would normally turn to don't seem to really know who she is at this point because she has changed so drastically. I really loved that her character was so easy to relate to though. She was a normal girl, that was confused and lost and just looking to find her way. I also really liked that she was so real and that she struggled with some issues that most girls face at one point in their life or another. It was hard to watch her struggle with her weight and be treated horribly by some because of it. I really liked how both Nate and Max seemed to like her for who she was though and they seemed to be supportive of her regardless of her size.

Overall, this story was a really fantastic start. This one has a huge cliffhanger that left me absolutely reeling and had me wondering so many things. This book definitely has more questions than answers, and once you think you start to figure something out it goes in a completely different and unexpected direction. I feel like we are just scratching the surface of these characters and their story. I will say that I really have no clue how things are going to turn out and I have no clue what has happened. I love that this book is so different and unpredictable. This book really is a journey, and I am so glad that I took a chance on this one. I can't wait to find out more and to see what happens next in their story as well as get more pieces of their past. I know that cliffhangers scare some readers off, and this one is a real doozy. I do think that this book is worth reading though, and I know that with two more books coming we are a long way from the end. I am excited to see what Lexi Ryan has in store for Hannah, Nate and Max. I highly recommend this book, and I think that no matter what team you find yourself on you will really like both Nate and Max. Now all we have to do is wait until June for the release of Fall to You to see where Lexi Ryan takes us next.

**ARC provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment