in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Best Served Cold by Tawdra Kandle


Best Served Cold by Tawdra Kandle was a quick and really enjoyable story. It wasn't exactly what I had been expecting after reading the blurb, but I actually loved that it wasn't exactly what I had gone in thinking it would be. This story was so much more than just a girl scorned looking for revenge. It was interesting and kept me turning the pages because I loved the characters and had to know what would happen next. I am really glad that I took a chance on this one, and would recommend this story to Contemporary and New Adult fans.

Julia has been planning a surprise birthday party for her boyfriend Liam for weeks. When he finally arrives at the party, the last thing she expects is for him to show up as he is making out with another girl. He goes on to further humiliate her by saying that he just forgot to break up with her in front of everyone. Julia decides with the help of her best friend Ava that she will get her revenge by making him jealous and getting him to want her again only to turn around and humiliate him this time. They enlist the help of their friend Giff (who is also Liam's roommate and best friend), and Giff thinks that he is helping to get Julia and Liam back together. Giff calls in some favors with some friends and makes sure that Julia is seen around with different men, and before long Liam is trying to get Julia to talk to him again. But Julia meets Jesse while all of this is going on. He is the older son of a guy that she babysits for and they are instantly drawn to each other. They begin to see each other and find out that they have more than attraction between them. Soon, Julia must decide if she is willing to give up a chance at a new relationship or if her revenge is more important.

I really loved Jesse. He was smart and sexy, sweet and patient. Jesse was a really great guy and I loved that there was no drama with him. He took things slow with Julia and was determined to have more than just a physical relationship with her. I loved how he was always honest and straight up with Julia, especially when he had something to ask her or tell her that could have caused problems. I also really liked Julia. I thought that her whole revenge plot was a little immature and not a very good idea, but I understood that she was hurt. I liked that Julia was such a great friend though, and I loved watching her with Des. She was a really likable heroine, and it was fun to see her fall for Jesse. I liked how she was always cooking for Jesse and his family, and that they had so much in common. I thought that their dates were sweet and showed how much the connected. They also had really amazing chemistry.

Overall, I thought that this book was a really great read. The only reason that I didn't give this one five stars was because the revenge plot didn't quite work for me. I didn't understand why she was so intent on this revenge when she wasn't heartbroken about Liam. She admitted that she didn't really love him and that after everything she realized that they shouldn't have been together. I also didn't like that Liam didn't really acknowledge what he had done to her and was pretty intent on hooking up with her best friend Ava. I liked Ava a lot, but I thought that it was kind of strange how she would all of a sudden be having these feelings for Liam after he had dated her best friend for almost a year and then treated her horribly. I'm not sure I like the direction that is headed in, but since Ava's book is next I am interested to see how things play out. I am hoping that Liam can redeem himself if he is meant to be with Ava. I really did like this book though, and Jesse and Julia were great. I loved seeing them fall for each other and it was great to see Julia move forward past what had happened. These characters were all really likable and fun to read about. I highly recommend this story, and I can't wait to read more from Tawdra Kandle in the future.

**Copy provided by Author**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment